Talk: Queer and Trans Mutual Aid for Survival and Mobilization
Start Time: 18:30 on our Youtube Channel
In this session, Nat Raha and Dean Spade will be talking about queer and trans mutual aid strategies--why they are so important to queer and trans survival, how they build our resistance movements, their histories, their current development in the context of global pandemic and anti-police uprising, and more.
- What is mutual aid?
We've been organising like this since day– why we must remember the Black roots of mutual aid groups:
- Mutual Aid Trans Edinburgh - mutual aid for queer and trans people in Edinburgh:
Edinburgh Action for Trans Health - We have a solidarity fund active. If folks need money, they can contact us. If folks want to give us money, that would be helpful too.
- UK Mutual Aid:
- UK QTIBIPOC Hardship Fund:
- Queercare - UK mutual aid network, infomation, protocols:
- Bent Bars Project - LGBTQ Prisoner Solidarity organisation, including a pen pals scheme:
- Tourmaline's Fund for a car: